With the holidays looming ahead, there is no question that the inaugural family trip is in full planning mode. If you’re stressing about it, don’t worry, we’ve got a simple guide on how to save on the family vacation.
These helpful tips will help to ease the stress on your wallet and make your holiday enjoyable for you and your family!
Holiday Money Saving Tips
- Snacks & Drinks – Pack bread, chips, sandwich, and ready to eat foods. You don’t need to bring too much but you can save money by providing the snacks. Lollies and energy bars are expensive if bought from convenience stores.
- Drinks – Bring soft bottled water so you can refill it from taps. You may also want to pack fruit juices, sodas or bottled water to keep you hydrated.
- Charger – Bring power banks, chargers and connectors so you don’t have to pay for charging fees. You can also bring extra batteries if you have them.
- Travel tour offers – Go online and take advantage of the latest travel deals. Ticket prices may change depending on the season.
- Hotel and Restaurant – Check the rates and freebies. Is there a free WiFi, or free breakfast? Some hotel packages may offer free spa and other benefits so don’t be afraid to ask of what’s included in the package. Remember that your goal is to save money. You can take advantage of the hotel’s amenities without paying extra charges.
- Bring toys – Keep your kids behaved by bringing small toys, books or gadgets to keep them busy. Keep the little tackers tamed and its bound to be a headache free experience.
- Travel with relatives – The more the merrier. Travelling with your relatives or with another family can be advantageous. This is ideal if you prefer to diffuse the rental costs. The fee is fixed, so increase the numbers in order to reduce the cost per head.
- Sanitary kits – Vending machines are everywhere. Save money by bringing your own sanitary napkin, tissue, etc. Bring wipes and sanitizers to avoid mess.
When traveling, there is no need to compromise on luxury. You, and your family deserve to enthrall yourself’s in the riches of adventure and relaxation. Let the above steps inspire you to enjoy your vacation whilst preserving the bank.